Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Antelope Island

Wow, I have been a slacker on here!!! Well last weekend, I went with my dad to my aunt Janette's house. Annemarie and Gentry were there also!
On Saturday, we decided to go to the Great Salt Lake. I have been in the Salt Lake area so many times, probably over 30 in my life time!!! Even though I have been to Salt Lake numerous times, I have never actually seen the Great Salt Lake and that's why we decided to go check it out. It has an island in the middle of it called Antelope Island and we were able to drive to it and check it out. We went and saw the Visitor's Center and there was at least 1 huge spider on each window. It was so freaking nasty!!! I guess there is millions of brine shrimp in the water and there is also a beach where you can go and swim. Now let me just say that I don't really want to swim with millions of little shrimp creatures all around me, but that's just me! There was also a bunch of buffalo! We probably saw 500 or so and we only saw 5 antelope. Haha. There is also quite a few trail you can hike. There are boats you can rent or ride on and have a dinner. You may also go on horseback rides. All in all, I think it was a cool thing to do on a Saturday.
Below are some pictures of it:

This is one of the beaches they have on the island! It almost looks like the ocean!!! So cool

A herd of buffalo!

A buffalo way up close!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment